Monday, February 6, 2012

Sketchfest 2012

This weekend the husband and I hung out in SF. We saw some shows in the sketchfest lineup and I think I got a bit star struck! That's what happens when you have tv shows and podcasts as a weekly part of your life. It's that creepy I-feel-like-we're-friends problem. I follow Morgan Murphy's hilarious tweets, and I'm a big fan of Kyle Kinane's comedy, which we saw both on Friday. I've never laughed so hard at a story about pancakes. Not to mention Jake Fogelnest from Squirt tv was there, a show I used to tape in the 90's on MTV. Awesome. The next night we also saw "southy" Jen Kirkman who I love the most when telling her stories on the Pod F. Tompkast. She and Morgan Murphy had SNL's original cast member Laraine Newman as a guest! That night we went to see Bring The Rock, which had Mary Lynn Rajskub, Marc Maron, Todd Barry and Jesse Tyler Ferguson!

In our downtime we headed over to the Mission and got brunch at St. Francis Fountain, an old school diner/ soda fountain shoppe. I originally found it due to it's vegan options. Pancakes! and Shakes! It was charming and delicious.
Later we hung around Valencia stopping in some of our favorite shops. Mine is Paxton Gate, where I like to drool over their taxidermy and terrariums. We stumbled upon F.S.C. Barber where I know my husband would love to go regularly for cuts with it's nice products and industrial old-timey man style. There's a clothing shop attatched to it with some amazing wool ties. If I had some money to burn I'd spoil him here.

Now the question is will be make it to Bridgefest this year?

1 comment:

Cody said...

way fun. You better make it to Bridgetown. I can't promise I won't go without you again.